Neptune is excited to announce our newest publication covering a subject that is starting to gain real traction in our lives. We are privileged to have been given the opportunity of working with leading experts and manufacturers in the Electric Vehicle infrastructure industry.
We have developed a long overdue and needed guidance on designing, installing, commissioning, and carrying out periodic inspections of Electric Vehicle Charging points in the real world.
Our new Guide covers everything an electrician needs to design and install Electric Vehicle charging points in accordance with the latest BS 7671:2018+A2:2022, The IET’s 18th Edition Amendment 2 Wiring Regulations.
As well as design, commissioning, and initial verification, our expert-written Guide also covers the needs of the Electrical Inspector, covering periodic inspections, observations, and coding.
Just Some of the topics our experts have covered and explained in detail include:
- Electric Vehicle Legislation
- Building Regulations
- Installation Standards
- Requirements of the latest IET Wiring Regulations, BS 7671:2018+A2:2022
- Charge Modes 1,2, 3 and 4
- Circuit design
- Cable choice and sizing
- Installation Earthing arrangements
- Site surveys
- On-street parking
- Off-street parking
- Earth electrode resistance
- RCD requirements
- RDC DD requirements
- RCD blinding effects
- Arc Fault Detection Devices (AFDD) considerations
- Surge protective device (SPD) considerations
- Installation best practices
- Initial verification
- Required skills and competency
- Inspection and testing
- DNO requirements
- Test equipment
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) Limitations and sampling
- EICR observations and codes
Electric Vehicles and their integration into our society are one of the hottest technical hurdles to be faced by the electrical industry. Using our experts, we firmly believe our new Guide will give the best available advice to the electricians, at the forefront of this massive step change for our transport needs.
This product will also be available to buy here in e-book format soon.